History: Guru Nanak Mission Medical and Educational Trust was founded in the year 1981 by Late S. Budh Singh Ji. The same trust started an elementary school in April 1987 at Dhahan Kaleran which was later on upgraded to higher standard in 1991 and to Senior Secondary stage in 1997.
At its initial stage, this missionary school was run in the hospital complex to uplift the standard of children of rural areas by giving them quality education at reasonable fees. At that time, only hundred students were admitted in the school and the school was affiliated to PSEB. Late S. Kartar Singh (retired DEO, Nawanshahr) was the director of this school. Later on, this school got affiliation from CBSE in April 2006. At that time, near about 1300 students were hailing opportunity to get quality education. Now this school has the strength of almost 1900 students who are coming from 170 villages.
Vision: Education is the right of every child. Child is born with hidden talents. There should be a Guruculum system of education where every child is accepted with every learning activity where individual attention is given to every child on physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual which are the four pillars of Education.
Mission: Simple living & High thinking is the ideal aimed at the institution through the guiding principles of committed faculty members to provide strong foundation for the child in the education to become a leader in the shifting and changing global arena to improve reading and writing skills of rural children.